An Office Manager is needed to run the HQ Office of An Taisce, the National Trust for Ireland
An Office Manager is needed to run the HQ Office of An Taisce, the National Trust for Ireland in The Tailors’ Hall, Back Lane, Dublin 8
The key elements of this full-time job are:
- The day to day running of the office which includes the usual management and maintenance of office supplies, directing general enquiries by phone email and post, and basic book keeping.
- Processing membership applications and renewals. Also to provide An Taisce’s Local Association’s with administrative support and developing membership where time and resources allow..
- Supporting the Board of Directors as required, taking minutes at monthly meetings and assisting in Council meetings 5 times a year and the AGM.
- Assisting in the development and management of governance documents to support compliance with the governance code.
- Fund raising support, for example processing donations.
- Managing cleaning and maintenance staff and contractors
- Basic HR issues of 6 members of staff (renewing annual contracts etc)
The work requires excellent minute-taking and computer skills and considerable office management experience, probably though not necessarily, in the Charities Sector
A management degree and/or 5 years experience would be an advantage and the salary is commensurate at c.€30K.
The office is in our HQ, The Tailors’ Hall, a 300 year old protected structure in the city centre, where you will be working with a small team of professional and committed staff and volunteers
Please download the application form from Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEVOTzgFnKEUUdZSlg3UE01aTg/view?usp=sharing
Please email application form & CV with details of education and experience to email@example.com before Friday 8th September 2017 @ 17:00
An Taisce is an environmental charity working to help protect the built and natural environment
Detailed job description. (this may be varied subject to circumstances)
GENERAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Day to day running of the office, which includes managing petty cash & credit card expenditure and issuing cheques
- Liaise and negotiate yearly contracts with suppliers, printers, etc
- General enquiries by phone, email and post.
- PR Queries – In conjunction with Communications Officer,
- Manage cleaners and caretaker. Responsible for office and cleaners’ supplies,
- Some very basic book keeping, e.g. collating invoices/scanning/sending to Accountants - approving their lists.
- Ensuring compliance with reporting obligations
- Assisting in the development and management of documents to support compliance with the governance code for a type c organisation
- Basic HR for 6 staff (timetabling annual leave, updating annual contracts etc.
- Volunteer contracts
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines and legislation
- Process memberships,
- Manage monthly direct debits & renewals,
- Address member queries,
- Fill out membership cards,
- Send out members’ cards and renewal packs,
- Cheque & cash membership fees lodgements,
- Process credit card payments over the phone/via email,
- Process cc payments received via the website,
- Maintain current members email list,
- Data entry: console record amounts received from monthly statements
- Working through DB (with relevant Local Associations) to remove records of non-(deceased) members.
SUPORT CHAIRMAN AND BOARD
- Provide office support requirements to the Chair
- Administration support to Board of Management
- Attendance & minute taking at BOM meetings, and Council meetings 5 per year followed by minute typing, clarifying and sending.
- AGM organisation and management
- Collating Annual Report & organise printing of Annual Report (will be very basic in 2017.)
FUND RAISING SUPPORT
- Xmas direct mailing – after letter written by Chair
- Process all donations
- Send and co-ordinate tax back forms to donations of over €250
- Send agreed donor thank you letter to donors.
- Donor ‘THANK YOU’ postcards for those who donate a small amount where a letter is not required or justified
- Draft funding applications, IEN/Policy Submissions. Also, Ireland’s Fund and other sources