An Taisce looking for Office Manager Sept/Oct 2018
This well-respected environmental charity working to protect Ireland’s built and natural environment is seeking a full time Officer Manager to run our HQ office in Dublin 8.
The key elements of this full-time job are:
- The day to day running of the office, which includes directing general enquiries by phone, email and post; the usual management and maintenance of office supplies; and basic book keeping.
- Processing membership applications and renewals. Also providing An Taisce’s Local Associations with administrative support and developing membership where time and resources allow.
- Supporting the Board of Directors as required: taking minutes at monthly Board meetings, assisting and taking minutes at Council meetings five times per year, and assisting in organising and running the AGM.
- Assisting in the development and management of governance documents to support compliance with the governance code.
- Providing fundraising support, for example, processing donations.
- Managing cleaning and maintenance staff and contractors
- Basic HR work for six members of staff (renewing annual contracts, etc.)
The work requires excellent organisational, minute-taking, and computer skills. Considerable office management experience is also required, preferably, though not necessarily, in the Charities Sector. A management degree and/or 5 years of experience would be an advantage.
Please see the detailed job description here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xftimc9xmS84m73PMbN0J-TGJfzn9ir3/view?usp=sharing
Location: The office is in our HQ in Tailors’ Hall, a 300-year-old protected structure in Dublin’s city centre, where you will be working with a small team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
Hours: Normal hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday with options for flexibility subject to discussion with the line manager.
Annual leave: The annual leave entitlement is 20 days plus public holidays and the days between Christmas and New Year when the offices are closed.
Salary: Commensurate at c. €30,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BfkQJml9_h37ln61ZFs6YdbY97uDkEBA/view?usp=sharing))
Please email your completed form along with your CV to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on 21st September 2018.
Only applications containing both elements will be considered. You will receive a confirmation email within five days of submitting an application. If you do not receive one, please contact the office on 01 707 7076.
Thank you very much.