An Taisce - The National Trust for Ireland - is seeking to recruit a Natural Environment Officer for a 6 month contract period, subject to renewal, and based in our headquarters in Dublin 8.
Applications (comprised of a CV with a covering letter of application) should be sent to email@example.com by 17:30 on Friday 9th June 2017
The Natural Environment Officer will be responsible for An Taisce’s activities involving ecology and biodiversity; water quality and catchment management; land use management and planning (including forestry, agriculture and aquaculture); climate change and biodiversity crossover; and legal and policy measures for environmental conservation and management.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated professional with thorough knowledge and experience of environmental issues in Ireland, and will ideally have a track-record of commitment on environmental issues and advocacy. They will have:
- experience in ecology/environmental conservation
- qualifications in an environmental or related discipline
- strong communication skills
- an excellent understanding of and experience of working with environmental policy and law
- a track record of developing and delivering project proposals and funding applications
- experience of project management
- ability to work as part of a dynamic team in An Taisce and the wider NGO community
- knowledge or experience of the NGO sector
The main duties of the Natural Environment Officer include:
- Working in accordance with the strategic objectives set out by An Taisce Natural Environment Committee
- Creating work plans for interns of the Natural Environment Office, and management of same
- Feeding in to international, national and local policy development
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of relevant policy and legal instruments
- Ensuring integration of biodiversity considerations into various sectoral policies and practices including forestry, agriculture, fisheries management, energy, peat extraction, flood management, climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Representing An Taisce and the wider NGO sector on various platforms and groups
- Compiling casework to demonstrate shortfalls in management of the natural environment and liaising with state agencies and departments to develop approaches to remedying these
- Working with other NGOS to develop combined approaches to issues of common concern
- Explaining current natural environment issues and solutions to a range of audiences
The role of the Natural Environment Office also includes fulfilling a number of the statutory consultation roles of An Taisce on various referrals such as afforestation licensing, aquaculture licensing, IPC/IED licences from the EPA, and dumping at sea permits.
Deadline for applications is 17:30 on Friday 9th June 2017 with a view to interviewing week of 18th June 2017. Please apply by sending a CV with a covering letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include ‘Natural Environment Officer’ in the subject line. The job will be based in Tailors' Hall, Back Lane, Dublin 8. Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.