An Taisce seeking Office Manager
An Office Manager is sought to run the HQ Office of An Taisce, the National Trust for Ireland in The Tailors’ Hall, Back Lane, Dublin 8
The key elements of this full-time job are:
- The day to day running of the office which includes the usual management and maintenance of office supplies, directing general enquiries by phone email and post, and basic book keeping.
- Processing membership applications and renewals. Also to provide An Taisce’s Local Association’s with administrative support.
- Assisting in the development and management of governance documents to support compliance with the governance code for a type C organisation.
- Fund raising support, for example processing donations.
- Supporting the Board of Directors as required, taking minutes at monthly meetings and assisting in Council meetings 5 times a year and the AGM.
- Managing cleaning and maintenance staff and contractors
- Basic HR issues of 6 members of staff (renewing annual contracts etc)
The work requires excellent computer skills and considerable office management experience, probably though not necessarily, in the Charities Sector.
A management degree and/or 5 years experience would be an advantage and the salary is commensurate at c.€30K.
The office is in our HQ, The Tailors’ Hall, a 300 year old protected structure in the city centre, where you will be working with a small team of professional and committed staff and volunteers
Please download the application form from Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEVOTzgFnKEaUZ0RVBQLWh6OHM/view?usp=sharing
Please email application form & CV with details of education and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15th 2017 @ 17:00
An Taisce is an environmental charity working to help protect the built and natural environment
Detailed job description.
(this may be varied subject to circumstances)
GENERAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Day to day running of the office, which includes managing petty cash & credit card expenditure and issuing cheques
- Liaise and negotiate yearly contracts with suppliers, printers, etc
- General enquiries by phone, email and post.
- PR Queries – In conjunction with Communications Officer,
- Manage cleaners and caretaker. Responsible for office and cleaners’ supplies,
- Some very basic book keeping, eg collating invoices/scanning/sending to Accountants - approving their lists.
- Ensuring compliance with reporting obligations
- Assisting in the developemnt and management of documents to support compliance with the governance code for a type c organisation
- Basic HR for 6 staff (timetabling annual leave, updating annual contracts etc.
- Volunteer contracts
- Process memberships,
- Manage monthly direct debits & renewals,
- Address member queries,
- Fill out membership cards,
- Send out members’ cards and renewal packs,
- Cheque & cash membership fees lodgements,
- Process credit card payments over the phone/via email,
- Process cc payments received via the website,
- Maintain current members email list,
- Data entry: console record amounts received from monthly statements
- Working through DB (with relevant Local Associations) to remove records of non-(deceased) members.
SUPORT CHAIRMAN AND BOARD
- Provide office support requirements to the Chair
- Administration support to Board of Management
- Attendance & minute taking at BOM meetings, and Council meetings 5 per year followed by minute typing, clarifying and sending.
- AGM organisation and management
- Collating Annual Report & organise printing of Annual Report (will be very basic in 2017.)
FUND RAISING SUPPORT
- Xmas direct mailing – after letter written by Chair
- Process all donations
- Send and co-ordinate tax back forms to donations of over €250
- Send agreed donor thank you letter to donors.
- Donor ‘THANK YOU’ postcards for those who donate a small amount where a letter is not required or justified
- Draft funding applications, IEN/Policy Submissions. Also, Ireland’s Fund and other sources