- NIAH Ref: 15401213
- Date: 1805 - 1840
- Rating: National
- Orig. Use: Stables
- Townland: Ballynagall (Delvin By.)
- County: Westmeath
- More Info: Click Here
- Last Reviewed: August 2019
Criteria for Risk
- Suffering from neglect and/or poor maintenance
- Suffering from structural problems
- Condition of Structure: Ruinous
- Level of Risk: High
The building poorly maintained. None of the original fabric remains other than the external walls. It is suffering from structural problems that could lead to full or partial collapse, and there is an immediate threat of further deterioration.
The shell of an early 19th century house designed by Francis Johnson in demesne overlooking Lough Owel. The stable buildings remain in agricultural use. A long term conservation plan is required to secure surviving structures.
Photograph Credit: buildingsofireland.ie/niah