- NIAH Ref: N/A
- Date: 1880 - 1885
- Rating: Regional
- Orig. Use: Mill House
- Townland: Bridge Street
- County: Mayo
- Last Reviewed: August 2019
Criteria for Risk
- Vacant with no identified new use
- Suffering from neglect and/or poor maintenance
- Threatened with demolition
- Condition of Structure: Very Poor
- Level of Risk: High
The complex is suffering from major conservation problems. Most of the external fabric remains, but there are obvious signs of deterioration such as slipped slates, vegetation growth, broken windows and vandalism. There is no immediate danger of collapse but condition is such that unless urgent remedial works are carried out the structures will sharply deteriorate.
An early 19th century house and mill complex developed by the Kenny Family at a prominent town centre location. The entire complex has suffered progressive neglect over a number of years. The cut stone industrial mill dates from circa 1880, and is built on the site of an earlier mill. The millhouse dates from the 18th century, and is seven bay, two-storey over basement. The complex has been vacant for many years, and is in an advanced stage of dereliction. The structure is of significant historic importance and requires conservation works to prevent further deterioration.
Photograph Credit: google.com/maps