AN TAISCE MAGAZINE MAY 2013 CONTENTS
- Climate change, heritage and tourism Beatrice Kelly from the Heritage Council writes about the impact of climate change on the built and natural heritage along Ireland’s coasts and inland waterways.
- Limerick An Taisce’s Heritage Officer Ian Lumley and Dave Whittle have written about the significance of the city’s heritage as an Atlantic port city and what might be done to save it.
- Tailors’ Hall A story of alternative uses, by James Nix, An Taisce’s new Director.
- Natural Heritage under pressure An Taisce’s new Natural Heritage Officer Andrew Jackson writes about concerted efforts to weaken European Birds and Habitats Directives which currently help protect Ireland’s biodiversity.
- The Boyne Navigation James Leahy writes about how the local community has led the restoration of the Boyne Navigation and provides a detailed map of the route showing access points and places of interest.
- Trees Éanna Ni Lamhna contributes an interesting piece on Ash die-back and other trees diseases, together with a summary history of the Tree Council and a selection of poems placing trees in an historical context.
- The Reform of local government Seán Ó’Riordáin outlines some of the plans for reform that will place Municipal Districts at the centre of administration of local authorities and how this may or may not help in protecting
- the environment.
- Neat Streets Eoin Morton describes one of An Taisce’s Education Unit’s latest projects to encourage school children keep their local areas litter free.