Knockmaroon Hill
Dublin 15


  • NIAH Ref: 11362070
  • Date: 1855 - 1865
  • Rating: Regional
  • Orig. Use: house
  • Townland: Castleknock
  • County: Dublin
  • More Info: Click Here
  • Last Reviewed: August 2019

Criteria for Risk

  • Vacant with no identified new use


  • Condition of Structure: Good
  • Level of Risk: Moderate

The building fabric is generally sound, and its overall condition does not necessarily place it at risk.
However, ts future sustained use is in doubt.

Glenmaroon is one of two historic houses backing directly onto Knockmaroon Hill and connected across the road by bridges. Built in 1860 and extended early 20th century. It has a long garden with Italian water feature, and also a terraced garden going down to the Liffey. It is in high quality landscape setting. Formerly part the Holy Angels Convent / school (along with the other house across the road) and also connected with the adjoining St. Louise's Care Centre, but now vacant. An appeal was lodged this August against Fingal
County Council's decision to allow Dun Ardagh Holdings to remove the bridges connecting the two houses across the road -

Recommended Use

  • Residential
  • Community
  • Educational

Photo Credit: The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage (NIAH)